The Rick Hall Law Firm, LLC
Defective Medications And Prescription Errors
Unfortunately, medical and pharmaceutical errors are relatively common in South Carolina. Sometimes, these medical errors can wind up with significant financial or health care consequences for the patient. When a medical mistake results in significant injury and financial damages to an individual or their loved ones, it is important to seek out an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
Located in Lexington, South Carolina, The Rick Hall Law Firm provides high-quality legal representation for patients who have been the victim of medical errors or dangerous pharmaceutical products for many years.
Holding Professionals In The Medical Industry To The Highest Standards
Healthcare professionals have both a moral and legal obligation to act in the best interests of their patients. When this obligation is not upheld, victims should seek just compensation for any harm related to a breach of professionalism.
But what, exactly, constitutes an injury or wrongful death claim when injured by a dangerous medication or prescription error by a doctor or pharmacist? The general answer is that any failure to meet quality standards is grounds for a lawsuit. When it comes to pharmaceutical action, there are several common examples.
A pharmacist or doctor might:
- Prescribe or issue the incorrect medication to a certain patient. Sometimes patient names get swapped and someone receives drugs intended for another patient.
- Print the wrong dosage on a medication container, causing the patient to inadvertently take more or less than they were initially prescribed.
- Prescribe a medication that the patient has an existing allergy to, leading to dangerous side effects.
- Store or package a medication incorrectly, leading to dangerous and premature breakdown of a medication into unhealthy products.
- Fail to recognize certain interactions between different medications, leading to dangerous consequences for a patient.
- Print an incorrect label on the package, causing patients to incorrectly interpret a drug's side effects or recommendations.
- Forget to counsel a patient on how to correctly take a certain medication.
More Common Than The Medical Field Wants To Admit
All of the above errors are unfortunately more common than most people believe. This can lead to severe healthcare consequences, including long-term disability or death, if the error is egregious. The result of these errors can also lead to costly medical care to correct the mistake. It is unjust for a patient to be forced to pay to correct the mistake of a medical professional.
Medical Malpractice By Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses And Hospitals
Unfortunately, the medical malpractice rate is higher than is should be. Patients are sometimes not handled in a professional manner by health care professionals and these errors can cause serious infections, horrible disabilities, or even death. Doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to act in the best interests of their patients. Hospitals and nurses are held to similar standards. When these professionals fail to uphold these standards, the mistakes can sometimes result in significant damage to patients. Grounds for medical malpractice can involve several different mistakes, including:
- Missing a diagnosis: If a diagnosis should have been made by a reasonably trained medical professional, missing this diagnosis can be grounds for malpractice.
- Failing to administer proper treatment: The medical community has a general consensus on how certain conditions should be treated. If they aren't treated in this manner, this could be considered malpractice.
- Failing to administer a drug properly: Doctors and nurses are trained on how to administer medications. When administered improperly this can injure patients.
- Failing to counsel patients on the side effects of certain diseases and treatments: Everyone has the right to receive informed, competent, and safe healthcare. This includes being informed about their diagnosis and treatment plans along with any side effects that might accompany them. Failure to inform leads to harm.When this isn't upheld, patients have legal avenues for compensation.
The Right Law Firm For Effective Personal Injury Representation
For anyone who believes they have been the victim of any error or negligence committed by a health care professional, contact the Rick Hall Law Firm for information on a path to financial compensation that can assist with funding long-term medical care.
The Rick Hall Law Firm does not back down when facing large pharmaceutical corporations. Size is not an excuse for negligence and they should be held accountable for their actions. Every victory is a message to everyone that pharmaceutical companies should always act in the best interests of their patients.
The firm has a long track record of handling medical malpractice cases that have resulted in serious injuries and premature deaths. The Rick Hall Law Firm will represent anyone injured as a result of medical errors from health insurers. These professionals should always place the well-being of their patients first.
Call the Rick Hall Law Firm in South Carolina for a consultation regarding malpractice today.