Unwavering client devotion has been my guiding philosophy since I began my practice in 1982. Since that time, I have served as defense and litigation counsel for large consumer-lending banks and institutions, which has provided me with invaluable insight into corporate business practices and ethics. This information directly strengthens my plaintiffs' personal injury practice by allowing me to better understand the insurance companies my clients are often up against.
Life Beyond the Firm
Many of my clients take comfort in knowing that I hold a strong faith both in and out of my practice. I’m a devout Christian, and even if you don’t share my personal spiritual beliefs, I believe you will find that I practice with purpose and conviction. I am always trying to expand my knowledge of history and religion, and my wife and I recently had the pleasure of traveling to Europe, where we visited several historic churches and learned about their past and evolution.
When I’m not working, I also enjoy fishing, golfing, and supporting my favorite sports teams. I do my best to stay well rounded, and I find that this allows me to better relate to the diverse clients I serve through my practice. After all, when you and your family turn to me, I don’t just want to know about the details of your case. I want to sit down and have dinner with you. I want to find common ground and get to know who you are as individuals, as I believe such authentic connections allow me to better guide you through the healing process.
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- South Carolina Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- All U.S. District Courts for the State of South Carolina
- South Carolina, 1982
- Continuing Education - Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College of Braselton, GA
- Diploma - National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Juris Doctor - Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts, with Honors - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, 1978
Awards & Recognition
- AV® Peer-Review Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Fee Dispute Committee for the South Carolina Bar