Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Lexington, SC
Ready to Protect Your Loved One’s Rights & Best Interests
When families are unable to regularly care for their elderly or disabled loved one on their own, nursing homes can provide high-quality care around the clock. Many families do their research to determine the facility that would offer their family member the best care. Unfortunately, nursing homes and assisted living facilities may place your loved one in danger of abuse and neglect.
If you suspect that your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse in South Carolina, look no further than our Lexington legal team at The Rick Hall Firm, LLC to help you and your family member obtain the financial compensation and justice you all deserve. With more than 35 years of experience, we have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
Do not hesitate to call (803) 590-9900 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation and let our legal team thoroughly review your case!
What is Nursing Home Abuse?
Nursing home abuse occurs when staff members cause intentional and unintentional harm residents at their facilities. Residents can also abuse one another. Nursing home abuse can lead to trauma, injury, medical emergencies, and even death.
The following are some of the common forms of nursing home abuse:
- Physical abuse – A nursing home staff member inflicts physical harm, such as hitting, kicking, or pushing. Injuries from physical abuse include cuts, bruises, and broken bones.
- Emotional abuse – Harming a resident’s well-being by yelling, taunting, insulting, or even isolation from family and friends.
- Neglect – Whether it is intentional or unintentional, neglect involves leaving a resident unattended for extended periods of time. Nursing home neglect can result in bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration, infections, and other issues.
- Sexual abuse – Nursing home staff and other residents may inflict sexual battery. Common signs of sexual abuse include physical injuries (especially in the genital area), bloody undergarments, walking issues, anxiety and depression, fear of certain employees, and even sexually transmitted infections.
- Financial abuse – Nursing home staff members can also financially exploit vulnerable residents by stealing money from their bank accounts or having checks written out to them by the residents.
It is imperative to know which type(s) of nursing home abuse your loved one is suffering from and report it in order to protect your family member from further abuse, as well as prevent other residents from enduring such harm. Families may recover monetary damages from medical expenses, lost savings, and other out-of-pocket expenses through nursing home abuse lawsuits.
Contact Our Firm Today!
Your elderly or disabled loved one deserves to live in a safe and nurturing environment. If a nursing home or assisted-living facility is taking advantage of your family member, our firm is ready to fight for your entitled compensation.
Contact us today at (803) 590-9900 to speak with our Lexington nursing home abuse lawyers!
He takes your case personally- Vivian G.
This man doesn't back down- Ashley L.
You will not be disappointed- Tonya R.
He goes above and beyond- Janet B.
Rick is second to none- Brian M.
$2,000,000 Wrongful Death
Wrongful death and survival action in which our client’s husband was killed after being struck by a tractor that had just collided with a wide load.
$1,000,000 Defective Product
The plaintiff and her two children, causing severe burns which resulted in extensive burn treatment, including skin grafts.
$550,000 Severe Burn
The plaintiff was struck in the neck by a shell fired from a defective Sixteen Shot Super Stallion causing severe burn injuries to neck that required multiple surgeries.
$550,000 Neck Injury
The client suffered severe neck injury due to a rear-end collision.
$550,000 Negligently Performed Hip Operation
The client suffered as a result of a negligently performed hip operation.
$525,000 Tractor-Trailer Collision
The plaintiff suffered neck pain and injury. Plaintiff was hit by a tractor-trailer whose driver was talking on the cell phone and not paying attention.
$375,000 Loss of the Child’s Eye.
Claim against a toy company after the defendant was hit in the eye with a “Ninja Star” plastic toy, resulting in the loss of the child’s eye.
$277,704 Poor Workmanship, Arbitration Award
The homeowner was left to deal with serious construction defects due to the builder's poor workmanship.
Confidential Settlement Wrongful Death
Nursing home negligence case where the plaintiff’s mother died of severe dehydration as she was not given water to drink and not cared for at all by the nursing home staff.
Confidential Settlement Wrongful Death
Wrongful death and survival action arising out of the tragic death of a teenager after taking a mind-altering, behavior-modifying, psychopharmacologic drug.