- Admitted to Unites States District Court of the District of South Carolina, August 9, 2017
- Admitted to South Carolina Bar, November 16, 2015.
I will bring value to your organization with my variety of experiences, adaptable youth, and willingness to learn. My years of legal experience bring with it several hundred real estate transactions, a dozen bankruptcy cases, several hundred homeowner-tenant matters, dozens of family law matters, and hundreds of court appearances. In all, my clients have prevailed in most of the cases in which I’ve been involved. My youth and willingness to learn means that I am continuously looking for ways to improve efficiency and success. As an employee I value teamwork, working collaboratively, and adapting quickly to new endeavors and situations.
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Law
- Sales and Warranty Contracts
- South Carolina Consumer Code
- SC Help Closings
- Housing Law
- Leases/ Lease to Own Contracts
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Subsidized Housing Regulations
- SC Family Law
- Advance Directives
- SC Trust Law
- South Carolina Legal Services, Rock Hill, SC June 2016 to Present
- Staff Attorney
- Advocating for low income individuals by providing legal representation with their civil legal needs including legal actions, drafting and filing court documents, and meeting with clients to discuss their needs, goals, and burdens. Attend family court mediations with the goal of aiding the client and maintaining what is in the best interest of the children involved. Participate in community outreach to raise awareness for the services provided by South Carolina Legal Services. Attend and perform dry closings which provide state funds to prevent low-income individuals from losing their homes.
- South Carolina Legal Services, Conway, SC January to May 2016
- Charlotte Law Fellow
- Aided lower-income individuals in civil representation by drafting and filing court documents, meeting with clients to discuss their needs, goals, and burdens. Attended family court mediations with the goal of aiding the client and maintaining what is in the best interest of the children involved. Participated in community outreach to raise awareness for the services provided by South Carolina Legal Services.
- McGowan, Hood & Felder, Sumter, SC October 2015 to May 2016
- Legal Intern
- Functioned as a legal assistant drafting and filing motions, complaints, orders, and responses in Sumter County Probate Court, Magistrate’s Court, Family Court, and the Court of Common Pleas. Completed National Visa
- Center Immigrant Visa applications.
- Collaborated on successful methods used to enable immigrant children to remain in the United States. Filed many immigration forms including form 400 for naturalization and form I-360 for special immigrant status. Met with clients to better understand their needs, unique background, and challenges in order to draft compelling affidavits.
- Carolina Legal Associates, Columbia, SC
- Review electronic documents for privilege and work product, utilizing CV5 review platform for product litigation.
- Periodically serve in a quality control role when first level review has been completed. Ranked as an accurate document coder.
- Overbey, Hawkins, and Wright, Rustburg, VA
- Actively worked as a liaison between Patrick Henry Family Services, and Overbey, Hawkins, and
- Wright developing a facility use agreement that would act as a living document, which could suit both the immediate and future needs of the client.
- Finklea Law Firm, Florence, SC
- Actively assisted in real estate closings; drafted contracts and letters, both to clients, and on behalf of clients; constructed letters of appeal to the tax assessor’s office and eviction applications; worked on deeds of distributions and performed titlesearches.
- Advanced Entrepreneurship Clinic, Charlotte, NC
- My role was two-fold, to supervise the entrepreneurship clinic student attorneys and to continue representing clients needing assistance in creating their small businesses. Collaborated with continuing clients in establishing their businesses. Provided initial client consultations, aided in the development of new business entities by filing articles of organization with the state, drafted operating agreements, and other necessary contracts.
- Entrepreneurship Clinic, Charlotte, NC
- Provided initial client consultations, aided in the development of new businesses entities by assisting in the filing of articles of organization, drafted operating agreements, and various contracts required for operation, such as, employment contracts.
- Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, NC
- Functioned as an assistant to a well-respected Professor and Lawyer at Charlotte School of Law. My duty was to aid in compiling research and academic material regarding judicial funding and the budgetary practices of the court system.
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA
- Assistant in charge of compiling academic materials for historical research and study, utilized research databases, performed administrative duties such as copying, filing, and organizing offices into efficient workspaces.
- Functioned as a representative of Sweet Briar College to prospective students, as well as, a liaison between students and Sweet
- Briar College, corresponded with prospective students in order to inform about the College, and encouraged prospective students to consider their application and attendance to Sweet Briar.
- AAC History Chair
- Representative of students enrolled in history courses, as well as, declared majors and minors.
- Conveyed the wishes, complaints, and demands of history students at Sweet Briar College to the Academic Affairs
- Committee, and maintained confidential information spoken to me in the course of my duties as the History representative to the
- Academic Affairs Committee.
- Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, NC, Juris Doctor, May 2015
- First Place Winner of the ABA Student Writing Competition on Judicial Education and the Art of Judging
- Winner of the Charlotte School of Law 2015 Scholar/Author Award
- ABA Client Counseling Competition – 3 rd Place team Preliminary Round
- Dean’s List; Presidential Honors Program, Scholarship Recipient
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA, Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in Medieval and Renaissance Studies, May 2012
- History Representative to the Academic Affairs Committee
- Dean’s List; Class Secretary, Leadership Certificate Program
- Recipient of the Turner Music Scholarship, and Betty Bean
- Black Merit Scholarship
- Awarded highest GPA of Graduating History Majors